Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Craig’s List Scams Part 1 of many


Craig’s List Scams part 1

The beginning-

Since I have been looking for a job, I thought I would skip the whole unemployment line and the job placement agencies and place myself on Craig’s list for a job. I figured that I was the best person to market myself and Craigslist was free and a good source to market oneself. 

At first I posted myself on craigslist.com in the San Diego section. I was excited that many people took an interest in me and my skills though I have been my own boss for over 13 years. Only to find out that the “potential employers” hype you up for a job then keep you stung along in hope in many emails to only to waste your time, not call you back, give you vague information, never answer your questions, tell you that you have the job only to never call you back or email you back and try to scam you in some weird scheme!

I will tell you about a few scams I almost got into…thank God I have a brain and my gut instincts going off BIG TIME!!

Duh da um Dum…

The first scam

I got a call from a “Lisa” to be a casting director. I was like ok…”wow $800 per week, plus a chance to make $5000-8000 in bonuses a week…WOW…sweet!” Then she continued to describe the job to me and I was very interested. “Lisa” was supposed to call me back around 6 am the next day. Well that NEVER EVER happened. So I took the initiative to call her back…no avail… I was like DARN! Then I called the number back a few times…still no response.  I finally got through and I did talk to a “Lisa” but the voice was all off…I don’t remember talking to a thick accent Mexican woman the first time!! To my frustration I politely apologized to the Mexican woman on the other end of the phone and told her what was going on that she might want to change her phone number because some one was using her number as a reference for “potential” employees! I found out that this “potential” job was in Burbank which is a two and half hour drive one way…I was greatly relieved that I didn’t have to travel that far to get scammed, robbed or killed.

If you have an issue like this where something sounds too good to be true…as my  momma says…it is too good to be true…RUN AWAY…and move on from this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment